1. ESSENTRICS® Stretch & Tone: (45-60 min) This is a full body workout that rapidly changes the shape of your body through a dynamic and fluid combination of strengthening and stretching. The technique develops lean, strong and flexible muscles with immediate changes to your posture. Perfect for men and women of all fitness levels, this program rebalances the body, prevents and treats injuries and unlocks tight joints. With a diverse music playlist accompanying each routine, this equipment-free workout leaves you feeling energized, youthful and healthy.
2. ESSENTRICS® Release, Rebalance & Restore: (45-60 min) Release tight muscles, rebalance joints and restore your body. A slow and gentle, full body stretch workout that focuses on increasing mobility, flexibility and relieving chronic aches, pains and joint stiffness. Reawaken the power of your 650 muscles while slowly building strength in your body. Ideal for those who are beginning to exercise after a long sedentary period.
3. ESSENTRICS® for Seniors: (30-45 min.) This is an age reversing workout that will restore movement in your joints, flexibility and strength in your muscles, relieve pain, and stimulate your cells to increase energy, vibrancy and your immune system. A slow-paced, full body workout created by the author of the NewYork Times bestseller, Aging Backwards.
4. ESSENTRICS® Barre: (45-60 min) A dynamic, full body workout that combines standing, floor and barre exercises in one class. Respectul to the body, yet challenging-barre work helps to unlock and stretch deep muscles of the spine, hips, hamstrings and quad, in order to relieve pain and permit full range of motion.
5. ESSENTRICS® & CARDIO: (60 min.) Two great workouts in one session. This class will include a 20 minute low impact Cardio workout followed by a 40 Min ESSENTRICS® Stretch and Tone workout.
6. DISCOVER ESSENTRICS® for Pain Relief with Liz (8 x 60 min)This Discover ESSENTRICS® for Pain Relief workshop will use the information provided in Miranda Esmonde-White’s book, Forever Painless, to explain the causes and issues of chronic muscular skeletal pain and to look at how regular, gentle rebalancing movements, can correct and reverse the damage causing the pain. The techniques and methodology of how ESSENTRICS® works to liberate pain will be presented and discussed in depth. Each session will have a full ESSENTRICS® workout to practice the specific exercises of gentle movement designed to alleviate discomfort and work out of pain.
7. TOTAL FITNESS FOR ACTIVE AGERS: (45 min) Maintain your health and cardiovascular fitness in this whole body class suitable for all levels. Have fun and move to music in a 60 minute class that will enhance cardiovascular health, increase strength, mobility, flexibility and balance. Using an interval style format the hour includes a variety of low impact cardio exercises combined with strength building resistance intervals using hand held weights.
FAQ's: Is Essentrics similar to Yoga? No—Essentrics is very different from Yoga. The Essentrics technique uses “eccentric” muscle contractions to simultaneously strengthen and stretch every muscle in the body. An Essentrics workout consists of dynamic movement—which means that you’ll never stop moving during the workout. Although we don't focus on meditation or spirituality, Essentrics is still a complementary workout to Yoga, as it helps to rebalance the full body, increase flexibility and mobility. Is Essentrics similar to Tai chi? Not really. Essentrics is mildly influenced by the flowing movements of tai chi, in which both techniques use smooth, simultaneous “unbroken” movements to rebalance the musculature of the body, improve balance and increase flexibility. Tai chi also incorporates meditation, martial arts, and self-defense. Is Essentrics similar to ballet? Not really. Ballet is a form of performance dance—Essentrics is not. The founder of the Essentrics technique, Miranda Esmonde-White, was a professional ballerina in her past and used the strengthening theories behind ballet to develop the program over 15 years ago. The goal was to create a therapeutic and healing program that would produce long, lean muscles and a dancer’s body. Can I hurt myself doing Essentrics exercises? Very unlikely. Essentrics is a gentle, safe, low impact workout that is respectful to the body; no weights or equipment are used. It is recommended for men and women of all ages and fitness levels who are looking to strengthen and stretch their entire body. With that said—if you are suffering from chronic pain, an injury or illness—it’s important to check with your physician before starting any new exercise regimen. We have many clients who suffer from a variety of health issues who do our technique on a daily basis who have been helped and cured by practicing the Essentrics technique for 23-30 minutes each day. With any type of exercise, it is vital to listen to your own body and move at your own capacity. If you’re new to the technique, have been sedentary for a while or suffer from any health issues—we do recommend you do our workout “loose like a ragdoll” until you begin to build strength in your muscles. If a movement ever feels painful or uncomfortable, it’s best to stop that particular movement. It may be that you are pushing yourself too deep in that exercise. Try again another time more “loosely and gently” to see if this helps. Depending on your health issue, there may be certain exercises that need to be tweaked or eliminated from your workout until you begin to heal any existing pain or injury. I'm already in great shape, what will this workout do for me? As long as you have muscles and tendons, you will benefit from the Essentrics technique! Essentrics works the entire body—all 650 muscles in one workout: toning and slenderizing, improving posture, increasing flexibility, mobility and range of motion, rebalancing the body, relieving any pain and reducing any existing scar tissue in joints and muscles—all the while promoting a healthy cardiovascular system. Incorporating Essentrics into your daily routine will allow you to continue to do the physical activities that you love to do--no matter your age—for the rest of your life. Reason being that this type of full-body movement will prevent muscle atrophy and cell death, and help slow down and reverse the aging process. It is a great complimentary or stand alone workout, that helps to improve overall performance in other activities or sports. What is the pace of a typical Essentrics workouts? The pace of an Essentrics workout varies. If you’re new to the technique, suffer from an injury/illness/pain, or are seeking a mild “stretchy” workout—we suggest doing one of our slower-paced workouts. If you’re already in shape and are looking for a more challenging workout—we suggest taking a look at our faster-paced workouts. I've never exercised a day in my life…Can I still do this workout? If you’ve been sedentary for some time and wish to incorporate some form of exercise into your daily routine—you’re in the right place! The Essentrics technique is gentle and safe; we have workouts to suit all ages and fitness levels. It’s best to start this workout slow and gentle “loose like a ragdoll,” as this will allow you to gradually condition your body at your own pace. As you begin to increase the strength in your muscles and increase flexibility, you will be able to stretch more deeply. I'm recovering from an injury / surgery... Can I still do this workout? If you’re suffering from an injury, are in rehabilitation due to surgery, or suffer from chronic pain or an illness—it’s important to check with your physician before starting any new exercise regimen. We have many clients who suffer from a variety of health issues who do our technique on a daily basis and who have been helped by practicing the Essentrics technique for 23-30 minutes each day. To heal an injury, it is necessary to increase the flow of blood into the injured area in order to deliver the healing properties of blood while removing the poison. Stretching is one of the fastest and most effective methods of delivering blood to specific regions, which is why it is so effective in injury healing. Healing also requires rebalancing and protection of the injured area. ESSENTRICS is a rebalancing program that strengthens and stretches all the muscles around the injury, giving it a chance to heal. This technique strengthens the muscles around an injury such that these muscles can then take up the slack of the ones around the injured muscle, giving relief and time for the injured area to heal. We recommend doing the Essentrics workout slow and gentle “loose like a ragdoll.” If a movement ever feels painful or uncomfortable, it’s best to stop that particular movement. It may be that you are pushing yourself too deep in that exercise. Try again another time more “loosely and gently” to see if this helps. Depending on your health issue, there may be certain exercises that need to be tweaked or eliminated from your workout until you begin to heal any existing pain or injury. How fast will I see the benefits? Immediately! After only one 23-minute workout—you’ll feel lighter, more limber and notice a difference in your posture. Many people who suffer from pain or joint stiffness end up feeling mild to complete relief after completing a workout. For weight loss, it's important to develop healthy eating habits, along with exercising on a regular basis. Will Essentrics help me lose weight? Yes! However, it is important to remember that weight loss takes more than just an active lifestyle. The Essentrics technique has assisted many people in their weight loss and toning goals when combined with a healthy, nutritious, and properly portioned diet. If you have healthy eating habits, the Essentrics technique will most definitely help you to tighten, tone, and lose weight. Remember to try to do at least 23-30 minutes of Essentrics every day or at least 3-4 times per week to see the best results.